Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cash Only This...





ROBS RANT

Is anyone else sick of having to pay cash for everything you purchase?  I mean give me a break. Now when I worked as a bartender and carried wads of cash in my pocket, it wasn't a problem, and when there were a couple of places who pulled this bullshit maneuver, I was fine with it, but when in God's name did the whole Brooklyn area become so brazen?  I once walked into a deli, put all my purchases on the counter, went to pay, and the guy told me "Cash only."  I proceeded to leave everything on the counter and told him he had to be kidding me.  I am proud to say that the deli in question is now closed.  

We all know why businesses ask for cash only, and I think it's time for the IRS to investigate these people. Having a cash only business is beneficial in a few ways: one it allows the company to hide their profits thus allowing them to cheat on their taxes - believe me i know, my family was in the restaurant business for a long time. And two, it allows them to avoid the credit card fees that they are supposed to pay.  

But what I want to say to these cheats is that eventually you will be caught.  And it's called THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS.  If you don't want to pay the fee, then don't open a business.  
And the best is if they don't take credit cards, the least they can do is have an ATM machine in their establishments.  The gaul of these people not only to not accept credit cards, but also not to have an ATM machine in a convenient place.    

CASH ONLY is bull.  I don't go to those places anymore.  And you shouldn't either.

MY ADVICE

i think the only way to stop these lunatics and put a stop to the CASH ONLY movement is to stop shopping and eating there. i think we should all call the IRS and have them investigate these cheaters.  The cost of doing business is exactly that.  They are cheaters, liars, and people who cannot defend their position.  Stand behind me.





1 comment:

  1. I have no words that could possibly do justice in expressing my absolute *love* of this piece. I cannot tell you the number of times I have had to deal with this, only to then be told "it's ok, I can make an exception for you this one time." Seriously...if you have the magical ability to make an exception for me this one time, then clearly your computer/cash register has the ability to override this inane "rule" which is based solely on the fact that your establishment is (A) run by the Russian Mob (B) you don't want to pay the transaction fee for any purchase less than $5 or (C) you are looking for ways to lose my business (and the business of the subsequent 47 people whom I will be telling that I got E.Coli from your food)

    ReplyDelete