Sunday, November 6, 2011

Meter-Mutts, I meant Meter Maids...

ROB'S RANT


If Meter-Mutts could all look like this.  We would take tickets with a massive smile :)))  I know I would.




Meter-Maids...  Now listen, maids is a term of endearment in my book.  But Meter Maid is one of the nastiest, grossest, words I have ever heard.  How many times have you parked your car for 10 seconds to go into a deli to buy a coffee or a bagel only to come out to see a Meter-Mutt writing you a ticket for $115?  And when you come out to ask them to PLEASE stop writing the ticket, they look at you like you're the jerk.  How many times have you come out of your parent's house, or your apartment, leaving your car by a fire hydrant with your blinkers on, only to have one of them writing you a ticket?  We have all had this happen to us.  I can't believe that no one has seriously injured one of these people yet.  And I am not saying that it is ok to physically assault anyone, but if these people weren't sweeping the public schools' bathrooms, they would be doing nothing else.  I have even gotten tickets when the meters were broken.  They give them to you in the hopes that you don't have enough time to take pictures, and send in evidence to prove you are not guilty.  And then sometimes, how do you prove it anyway?  Most of them really aren't nice, and then they want us to be friendly towards them.  Who gave them the rite to play God with the laws?  Who gave them the rite to take our money out of our pockets?  They don't own the city.  They don't make a profit from the tickets they write.  But yet they consistently take out that stupid red pad or mini-computer and write down or scan the most ridiculous fines that I have ever seen.  Then we have to fight them and beg the city to reduce them.

I will tell you this much, some of these people should be arrested.  I don't care what country, state, or world you live in, Meter-Mutts should be held accountable for their actions.  They never give you a break, and sometimes even stand there waiting for the meter to expire so they can write that ticket immediately.  They have the city and state's support, and they never have a word to say.  I swear to God, we all have to hold them accountable.

Read this...

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/24/2485.asp

My Advice

This is a hard one.  I really don't have any advice for this one.  I really despise them, as I know most of you do, too - especially in NYC.  They are bound by no laws and can write tickets even if they aren't legitimate.  And they do.  And it's not like the tickets are $30, $40...Some of them are now like $150 just for parking in the wrong area of the street.  And who can understand those signs in the city anyway?  I've lived here my whole life, and I still can't figure it out.  The only thing I can say is that is not right to hurt anyone, but sometime Meter-Maids push us to our limits.  They should have a class for them called customer service.  Lord knows they need it.  I know this is short, but I hope you enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you could avoid these pesky fines by making use of the new bike lanes?

    ReplyDelete